Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Silveration

It's been 25 years since I graduated from high school and last December 11, 2010, was the time to come home and celebrate our silver homecoming. 

I have a lot of things to be thankful about spending seven of my formative years at De La Salle-Zobel. DLSZ was where I started to become me. I was not the best student but I learned a lot. I was not popular but I gained a lot of friends. I was a shy person but I learned to be sociable. I gained knowledge, values, beliefs and friends.


The festivities started with a mass at that beautiful big chapel. There were not very many people yet but there were already a few batch mates who arrived.


After mass some, especially those who haven't been back since they graduated, went on a campus tour. Some just hanged out and chatted about the old days.



Some former classmates even came home from abroad just to be at the homecoming:


It was really nice to see old familiar faces, not that anyone looked old. That's a banned word!







For the program itself, JV was one of the hosts:

  
And the highlight of the evening was the mini concert by Identity Crisis, featuring Carla, Buddy and Jay. Carla, if you get to read this, please forgive me for lifting this picture from your FB album.




Silveration was a success because of the dedication of the core group, who planned it all. Kudos to Cindy for being the superwoman of the core group. From the different fundraising activities (the Acoustic Night and Garage Sale to name a few) to the main event, many people put a lot of more than just their time to make Batch 85's homecoming a winner.

The night did not end at the DLSZ campus grounds. We all had a great time that we did not want the night to end just yet. We had to force Francis to treat us at his little dimsum (and more) place named Hen Lin...or is it Chow Lin?


I hope I do not have to wait another 25 years to see my former high school classmates again. But 2011, being the centennial of De La Salle, I am sure I will be seeing those familiar faces again and that this year's homecoming will be another year to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment