Sunday, October 24, 2010

1985

1985 was one of the best years of my life.  It was so good, I've forgotten a lot about it (senior moment remember?)

It was the year I met the guys who I consider my very good guy friends: Ronti, Raffy, John, Boli, Emman, Allen and Chito (please correct me if I'm wrong).  Tikboy introduced them to us Zobel girls because we needed dates for the prom.  I ended up with Boli, Enid with Allen, Cindy with Raffy. (again, correct me if I'm wrong).  That fateful day at the TBAP Bowling Center was the start of a very beautiful friendship!

!985 was also my graduating year in high school.  These are what I remember: Classes being suspended all the time; Endless power outages and we couldn't hold classes because the windows are boarded up due to the A/C and it's too dark;  Barber's cut for girls (thanks to Archie), which Mrs. Sienna loved and long hair for guys, which Mrs. Sienna hated; One day being the only girl in class for some reason and I had to call my mom to come get me with the pretense of me getting a relapse; Going to bivouac despite my doctor's orders not to and I ended up as the official photographer; Being nominated for party girl at the grad ball, didn't know what party girl really meant that time; The prom where we arrived late; After the prom where we went to Jalisco; After after the prom where Enid was brought home late by Allen and who made it worse by calling her dad, "DAD"; Going to the bowling center every Saturday; Being in a car accident at AAV wherein Raffy was driving but we had to keep that as a secret (no license you know); "We've Only Just Begun" as our graduation song. There's more but the senior moment thingie is pressing kinda hard...



I greeted summer of '85 by being sick I was hospitalized for a week due to typhoid fever.

Then came college.  I was a freshman at DLSU taking up engineering. I didn't know how to commute at that time and my mom had to drop and pick me up on the first day.  On the second day, my dad commuted with me to teach me what rides to take.  Little did my parents know that it was the last step i needed to gain freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment