Monday, October 25, 2010

Let's drink to that!

The first time I tasted alcohol was when I was about 10 (more or less).  I recall having vacation with my family in La Union and drinking coke with Fundador.  I had chest pains after that.  It was years later when I discovered those chest pains were due to not having drank enough.  I vowed never to drink that concoction ever again.  Well, THAT concoction!

I never liked beer so turning into an alcoholic due to beer was not an issue.  In high school, the popular drink was rum coke.  Tanduay was the rum of choice then.  There was also gin sprite but rum coke tasted better.  In college, I discovered zombie, the one at Tia Maria's.  I drank and get drunk over the zombie for quite a few years.  If you haven't tasted it here's the recipe:
1/2 oz Bacardi® 151 rum
1 oz pineapple juice
1 oz orange juice
1/2 oz apricot brandy
1 tsp sugar
2 oz light rum
1 oz dark rum
1 oz lime juice

After that I discovered my true poison, vodka.  I don't drink it straight but I can take it with lime or sprite. I remember going to Jazz Rhythms along Jupiter street in Makati and odrering 7 small bottles (just like the ones on the plane) of Smirnoff.  The thing about vodka is that it can be deceiving.  You start drinking and after a few glasses you think you're all fine, not even a teeny weeny bit drunk. Try standing up to go to the bathroom and see what happens. Ooopps...is the floor wet???

Other drinks I  liked were Smirnoff Mule, San Miguel Super Dry (wasn't as bitter as Pale Pilsen), Absolute Currant Vodka, Bailey's, Strawberry Mudslide and Asti Spumante.

I can't remember when I last had a drink but it's been years. Shall we drink to that?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment