Sunday, November 7, 2010

If the Shoe Fits

What's the first thing you notice about a guy?  Well, of course it's the face! But let's just say you met this not so bad looking guy and you're interested to know more about him.  And do not tell me you're into personality more than looks because that's bullshit (pardon my french!)   Whether you like it or not, looks matter!  And you're just getting to know him, how can you say anything about his personality???  So again, let me ask you...what are the first things you notice about a guy you just met?

For me, it's the shoes.  Not the size of the feet, silly!  You have a dirty mind and this blog is oozing with wholesomeness! Behave!  Anyway, it's the type of shoes the guy is wearing!  I love shoes and I try not to be caught dead wearing "baduy" shoes.  So, it goes without saying that I want my date (yeah yeah, I've fast forwarded to dating) to have presentable shoes.  They don't have to be expensive or branded ones, but they ought to look clean and in good shape.  Don't you just hate seeing guys wearing leather shoes that are so out of shape because the wearer's feet are just not right for those shoes?

I buy shoes because of the style and comfort, not just because they are in fashion.  Why would I deliberately make myself suffer just so I can look like everybody else?  So here are some my personal tips for you guys.  When choosing what shoes to wear, try to match it with the clothes you're wearing and consider where you will be going as well.   Sneakers and trainers are good for casual outings.  Rubber soled shoes can go very well with the smart casual look.  All three go well with jeans.  Leather shoes are mostly for formal or business attire.  And puhleez, don't wear brown shoes with black pants!  Never wear white shoes unless you're abut to come out of the closet!  Sandals are so-so because most of them are chunky.  Flip flops are only good for those with nice and clean feet, so make sure your toes are clean before going out wearing them.  Nobody will hang you if you get a pedi once in a while.

And last but not least, wear the appropriate socks!  As a general rule, always match your socks to your shoes.  The operative word is...coordinate!  NEVER wear white socks with black or brown shoes and NEVER the anklet style when wearing leather shoes...capiche? 

Don't mean to sound like I have a foot fetish...just don't want to get caught with someone wanted by the fashion police. Hahaha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment